The Assessing Department provides the following information at the request of appraisal firms, real estate firms, insurance agents and the general public:
- Age of property
- Assessed value
- Legal description
- Lot size
- Sales information
- Square footage
Board of Review
In spring of each year, residents can review the current year assessment roll. This session is called Open Book. This allows you to compare your property assessment to other similar properties in the community. If you have specific questions about your home and the value listed, we encourage you to speak with the Village Assessor.
- Assessment notices will be available for viewing on June 10, 2020
- Open Book will be held on June 10, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Board of Review will be held on June 24, 2020
Property owners that wish to appeal their assessment to the Board of Review should contact the Village Clerk at 262-532-4200 or by email at Village Clerk email at least 48 hours prior to the start of the Board of Review.
State Statute 70.47(7)(a) which relates to Board of Review.
The ability to enter property is subject to several qualifications and limitations, as described within the foregoing statutes. Copies of the statutes can be obtained at public depositories throughout the State of Wisconsin, and from the State of Wisconsin Legislative Reference Bureau website or a copy may be obtained from the municipal clerk upon payment of applicable copying charges.
- Waukesha County Tax Billing Information
- Waukesha County Recorded Document Search
- Online Searches Public Records Directory
- Guide for Property Owners (PDF)
- Property Assessment Appeal Guide for Wisconsin Real Property Owners (PDF)
- Objection Form for Real Property Assessment (PDF)
- Objection Form for Personal Property Assessment (PDF)