Milwaukee Riverkeeper Spring Cleanup at Menomonee Falls
After having to cancel the event in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Milwaukee Riverkeeper Spring Cleanup is back on for 2021! The event will be held at various sites across Menomonee Falls (see below for available areas) on Saturday, April 24th from 8:00am to 12:30pm.
This event is organized by Milwaukee Riverkeeper and is sponsored by Waste Management.
Registration is now closed for this year's event. Thank you to all who signed up to volunteer!
- Every participant must be pre-registered using our online registration portal and must complete and attach this liability waiver.
- There will be no walk-up registrations on the day of the event.
- Registration will close at 5:00pm on Wednesday, April 21st.
The cleanup will occur throughout the morning with staggered start times to promote social distancing, and face masks will be required for all volunteers. To avoid large gatherings, volunteers will be assigned a meeting point and time based on the chosen site for cleanup. We are asking that only one person from each group come to Rotary Park to retrieve the supplies for the entire group. The meeting points will be the two shelters at Rotary Park (Fond du Lac entrance & MacArthur entrance) and you will be assigned a time, either 8:00am or 8:30am, to arrive. Please see the lists below, and note the time and location for your chosen site. This information will also be emailed to you after you register.
Gloves, bags, and water will be provided to all participants.
Thank you to all the participants that came in past years to volunteer. It is because of all of you that our rivers are looking better every year!
Please contact our Public Works Department at 262-532-4700 or email@example.com with any questions.
See below for the areas available to be cleaned up and the meeting information for each site.
Volunteers picking up supplies for the following sites will meet at the Rotary Park Fond du Lac Ave Shelter at 8:00am:
- Rotary Park - Lilly Rd to Pilgrim Rd (PDF)
- Menomonee River Pkwy & Riverside Park (PDF)
- Menomonee River Pkwy - N side of River/Fond du Lac & Menomonee River Pkwy (PDF)
- Lime Kiln Park - Main St to Arthur Ave (PDF)
- Mill Pond Park - Main St N to Roosevelt (PDF)
- Menomonee River - Roosevelt N on N side of River (PDF)
- Neu's, Best Buy, & Steinhafel's (PDF)
- Menomonee River - Shady Ln to Q by Kohl's & Target (PDF)
Volunteers picking up supplies for the following sites will meet at the Rotary Park Fond du Lac Ave Shelter at 8:30am:
- Menomonee River Pkwy - Includes Post Office, Pilgrim west to Arthur (PDF)
- Butler Ditch - MF Industrial Park - Campbell Dr from Hampton to Silver Spring (PDF)
- Rivercrest & Shady Ln (PDF)
- Kiwanis Park (PDF)
- Falls Pkwy along fence line - NOT on hwy side, Q past Costco to WAC (PDF)
- Menomonee River Pkwy - S side of River by Village Hall in Woods N of Village Hall (PDF)
- Fond du Lac Ave - near W12600 (PDF)
- WAC Falls Pkwy/Pilgrim Rd (PDF)
Volunteers picking up supplies for the following sites will meet at the Rotary Park MacArthur Dr Shelter at 8:00am:
- Village Hall - Front, Library, & Municipal Park (PDF)
- NOR-X-Way - Main St, Stanley Dr N to County Line (PDF)
- Village Park, North Middle School, Taylor Park (PDF)
- Oakwood Park (especially Woods to South) (PDF)
- Old Falls Village Park (PDF)
- River's Edge Park & River (PDF)
- Tamarack Swamp Edge - Shady Ln from Custer to Menomonee Ave W (PDF)
- Tamarack Swamp Edge - Tamarack Trl - from Shady Ln to Robinhood N (PDF)
- Tamarack Swamp Edge - Tamarack Trl - from Robinhood to Edelweiss E (PDF)
Volunteers picking up supplies for the following sites will meet at the Rotary Park MacArthur Dr Shelter at 8:30am:
- Oakwood Dr & Manor Hills Blvd both sides of creek (PDF)
- Lilly Creek - Mill Rd N to Good Hope + corner of Lilly & Mill (PDF)
- Lilly Creek - Mill Rd S to Bobolink (PDF)
- Willowood Park (PDF)
- Bugline Trail - Shady Ln N to Water St (PDF)
- Bugline Trail - County System - N (PDF)
- Bugline Trail - County System - Middle (PDF)
- Bugline Trail - County System - S (PDF)