Residential Permits


Contractors applying for permits to do work on one and two family residences must have a valid Dwelling Contractor Certification and Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification issued by the State of Wisconsin.

Owners of one and two family residences may do their own building, indoor plumbing, HVAC (heating, ventilating, air conditioning), and most electrical work (except for service) in the Village of Menomonee Falls as long as they:

  • Occupy the home
  • Sign the Cautionary Statement form
  • Take out the appropriate permits
  • Call for the required inspections