New 1 & 2 Family
Before You Apply
Contractors applying for permits to construct or alter one & two-family residences must have both the Dwelling Contractor Certification and Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification issued by the State of Wisconsin, Department of Commerce-Credentialing.
Information Required for Building Permit Application
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Digital set of plans legible and drawn to scale or dimensioned (one set must be developer-approved if in subdivision, letter from developer is also acceptable)
- Original survey w/ stamp
- Survey w/ erosion control
- Signed & dated energy Analysis (heat calculations w/furnace model # and size)
- Sanitary permit (if Required)
:Decks, patios, porches, etc. must be shown on survey and building plans provided if applicable.
Erosion Control must be in place and inspected before the building permit is issued. Contact a Zoning & Inspections Technician at 262-532-8278 or request your silt fence inspection using the online form.
|Living, basement, garage area
Plan Review Fee
Erosion Control Permit
Refundable Building Deposit
State Building Seal
| .30¢/sq. ft.
$19.03 + $0.97 tax
Possible Additional Fees:
PRD Planned Residential Development $50 per unit
Impact Fees: Sewer $2,754 - Water $2,957 - Park $2,334 - Fire $1,690
Contact Building Inspection Dept for Additional Information Related to These Fees.