Before You Apply
It is important to contact the Zoning Department while planning your project to confirm setback requirements in your zoning district.
If you have a private sewage system, you must also contact Waukesha County for a Preliminary Site Evaluation (PSE) before you can receive a building permit from the village.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding your project.
Requirements for Building Permit Application & Permit Fee
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Two copies of a survey with the structure drawn on to scale
- Two copies of the construction plan to include:
- Floor plans, elevations, cross sections and all construction details.
- Detailed sheer wall bracing plan.
- Structural calculations for trusses, I joist, complex microlam members when required.
- Fees for Residential Additions can be found here.
- Footing (after excavation, before placing concrete)
- Foundation (before backfilling)
- Rough carpentry
- Insulation (before drywalling begins)
To guarantee your inspection when needed, we require at least 24 hours notice.
Requirements for a residential addition include a survey and construction plan. The survey must show the location of the proposed addition in relation to property lines and other structures.
Once all required information has been submitted, please allow 5 to 7 days to process your application. You will be contacted when the permit is completed with the fee amount.