Road Cut / Right-of-Way Permit

Permit Overview

The application for a right-of-way permit includes all proposed work performed in the Village of Menomonee Falls right-of-way. This includes excavating, constructing, maintaining, or repairing utilities and all other facilities in paved and non-paved areas.

All proposed work must be inspected by all applicable village departments prior to backfilling. The Engineering Department must be contacted at 262-532-4400 when slurry backfill is used. Submit the completed permit and any required fee to the Engineering Department. Once the application is reviewed and approved by the Director of Public Works or the designee, you will be contacted by phone and a permit will be issued.

Requirements for Engineering Permit Application & Permit Fee

  • Completed Road Cut / Right-of-way Permit
  • A permit fee is required for each cut, if excavation is proposed in a paved area (street, sidewalk, curb and gutter), a sketch, drawing or plan of the proposed work.
  • No permit fee is required if excavation is proposed in a non-paved area, a sketch, drawing or plan of the proposed work is required with a completed application.
  • Fees for Road Cut / Right-of-way can be found here.