Driveway Approach, Curb Cut, Curb & Gutter Permit

Permit Overview

In accordance with municipal Zoning Code, Section 122-688, a permit is required for all new, repaired, or replaced driveway approaches, curbs, and gutters that are located within the Village right-of-way. This includes all residential, commercial, industrial, and multi-family properties. If the property has a culvert, see culvert information on this page. Return the completed permit and applicable fees to the Engineering Department for review. Specifications and detail drawings for curb and gutter, driveway approaches, and curb cuts are available at the time of permit issuance from the Engineering Department.

Driveway Permit Note: Any water stop box(es) located in the driveway need to be fitted with a valve box collar/cover or a 6-inch PVC pipe for maintenance purposes. Contact the Water Department 262-532-4808 for valve box.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, please call or 262-532-4411 Tuesday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

Requirements for Engineering Permit Application & Permit Fee

Completed Driveway Approach / Curb Cut / Curb and Gutter Permit

  • A permit fee is required for each driveway approach construction. If the mountable curb or vertical face curb is also being cut to install a driveway, there is an additional permit fee required for each driveway. A permit is also required for driveway approach repair (mud-jacking or crack filling), but there is no permit fee.
  • If the property is having a driveway approach and abutting sidewalk constructed, repaired or replaced in the village right of way, a Sidewalk Construction Permit would also be required.
  • A permit fee is required if removing curb and gutter to install drain tile for stormwater discharge. A permit fee is required if removing, replacing, or installing new curb and gutter to connect to an existing curb and gutter.
  • Fees for Driveway Approach / Curb Cut / Curb and Gutter can be found here.


Schedule an Inspection

  • Inspections can be scheduled with a 48 hour advance notice.  Inspections can be scheduled Tuesday through Friday between the hours of 8:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., as availability allows.  Contact us at 262-532-4411.

Culvert Information

If the property has a culvert, and is located on a:

  • Village Road - A permit is required. If installing or replacing a culvert, contact the Department of Public Works prior to construction for review at 262-532-4755.
  • County Road - A permit may be required. Contact the Waukesha County Transportation Department at 262-548-7740.
  • State Road - A permit may be required. Contact the Wisconsin Department of Transportation at 262-548-5891.