Driveway Approach, Curb Cut, Curb & Gutter Permit
In accordance with municipal Zoning Code, Section 122-688, a permit is required for all new, repaired, or replaced driveway approaches, curbs, and gutters that are located within the Village right-of-way. This includes all residential, commercial, industrial, and multi-family properties. If the property has a culvert, see culvert information on this page. Return the completed permit and applicable fees to the Engineering Department for review. Specifications and detail drawings for curb and gutter, driveway approaches, and curb cuts are available at the time of permit issuance from the Engineering Department.
Driveway Permit Note: Any water stop box(es) located in the driveway need to be fitted with a valve box collar/cover or a 6-inch PVC pipe for maintenance purposes. Contact the Water Department 262-532-4808 for valve box.
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please call or 262-532-4411 Tuesday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Requirements for Engineering Permit Application & Permit Fee
- Commercial, Industrial, Multi-Family Flared Driveway (PDF)
- Rural Residential Flared Driveway (PDF)
- Typical Residential Flared Driveway (PDF)
Schedule an Inspection
If the property has a culvert, and is located on a:
- Village Road - A permit is required. If installing or replacing a culvert, contact the Department of Public Works prior to construction for review at 262-532-4755.
- County Road - A permit may be required. Contact the Waukesha County Transportation Department at 262-548-7740.
- State Road - A permit may be required. Contact the Wisconsin Department of Transportation at 262-548-5891.