Our goal is to provide quality, efficient, responsive, cost effective, and safe engineering related services including:
- Geographic information services
- Sanitary sewer
Engineering provides engineering support to all other departments and functions of the village including the Water Utility, Sanitary Sewer Utility, and Stormwater Utility. The following are some of the responsibilities of the Engineering Division:
- Provide design, drafting, and surveying services for public works construction projects.
- Provide inspection and maintenance recommendations for 17 bridges in the Bridge Program.
- Develop construction plans and project specifications for village construction projects, and review construction plans and specifications prepared by consultants.
- Provide construction administration and field supervision of contractors and consultants engaged in public works construction.
- Administer village erosion control ordinance
- Establish building elevations for new construction
- Review and approve plans for property development
- Prepare subdivision development agreements, easements, deeds and other documents, and prepare agreements for acquisition of property rights.
- Provide for development and maintenance of public works infrastructure improvements.
- Provide facility planning and capital budgeting for municipal infrastructure improvements.
- Prepare required reports, submittals, and documentation for jurisdictional agencies.
- Provide staff support to Plan Commission, Architectural Control Board, Traffic Safety Advisory Committee, Village Board and other supporting committees
- Provide geographical information services for sewer and water utilities as well as land use maps, street maps, and zoning maps.