Garbage & Recycling
Waste Management’s Orchard Ridge Drop-Off Facility (W124N9355 Boundary Road) for Yard Waste, and excess Recycling and Garbage reopened to residents for the season on Saturday, May 9, 2020. Residents who received an Annual Yard Waste Permit in the past were mailed theirs the week of May 4th.
These Social Distancing protocols will be followed at the Drop-Off Facility until further notice:
- Only one person at the scale house window at a time.
- At this time, Yard Waste Permits will not be date stamped. Please show your Yard Waste Permit along with you driver’s license to the scale house attendant.
- Practice social distancing of six feet while dumping your trash and/or yard waste.
- After dumping your debris and paying your bill, it is recommended you use hand sanitizer.
- At this time, credit cards will be the only accepted form of payment. No cash or checks.
By state law, yard waste - such as grass clippings, leaves and tree branches, may not be put in the trash. There are four ways to dispose of these materials. Properly labeled invasive plant species (PDF) may be placed at the curb.
Public Works supervises the contracts for automated solid waste and recyclable collection. The Village contracts with Waste Management for this service.
Waste Management requires all garbage and recycling to be placed at roadside for pickup by 5:30 a.m. on your regularly scheduled day.
Beginning the week of January 6, 2020, garbage will only be collected by using the Waste Management provided garbage carts. Any additional garbage containers (not provided by Waste Management) or bags left for collection, will not be picked up and tagged. No loose trash will be accepted.
For missed pickups of garbage and/or recycling, please contact Waste Management Customer Service or email your address, phone number, and regularly scheduled pick-up day ASAP email us or call 888-960-0008.
Garbage and Trash
- Recycling Collection Routes (PDF)
- Recycling Calendar (PDF)
- Recycling Guide (PDF)
- Drugs and Needles
- Electronic Recycling
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Yard Waste Disposal
- Other Items for Disposal