Yard Waste Disposal
Waste Management’s Orchard Ridge Drop-Off Facility (W124N9355 Boundary Road) for Yard Waste opened to Menomonee Falls residents on April 3, 2021. Yard Waste Permits were mailed to all Menomonee Falls property owners in January.
These Social Distancing protocols will be followed at the Drop-Off Facility until further notice:
- Only one person at the scale house window at a time.
- At this time, Yard Waste Permits will not be date stamped. Please show your Yard Waste Permit along with your driver’s license to the scale house attendant.
- Practice social distancing of six feet while dumping your trash and/or yard waste.
- After dumping your debris and paying your bill, it is recommended you use hand sanitizer.
- At this time, credit cards will be the only accepted form of payment. No cash or checks.
By state law, yard waste - such as grass clippings, leaves and tree branches, may not be put in the trash. Properly labeled invasive plant species (PDF) may be placed at the curb.
Yard Waste Disposal Permit
Using a Yard Waste Disposal Permit issued by the Village, residents may dispose of yard waste 35 times in a season (April through December) at the Orchard Ridge Recycling & Disposal Facility for no fee. Only one visit per day. Orchard Ridge is located at W124N9355 Boundary Road, and the facility can be reached at 262-253-8620.
- The attendant at Orchard Ridge will punch one square each time you drop off yard waste.
- Only one visit per day.
- After 35 punches you will then be required to pay $0.015 per pound ($3 minimum). Please be aware that the Orchard Ridge Composting Facility will no longer accept cash after September 1st. Credit Cards are the only acceptable form of payment.
- There is no fee for this permit.
To obtain a Yard Waste Permit, stop in to the Clerk Services Department at Village Hall 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. An ID as a proof of residency is required. Every year thereafter, a yard waste permit is mailed automatically.
Any resident, with or without a Yard Waste Permit, may drop off yard waste at the Orchard Ridge Composting Facility. A valid driver’s license with your current Menomonee Falls address is required for proof of residency. Residents without a Yard Waste Permit will be charged $0.015 per pound with a minimum fee of three dollars ($3) per load. These charges also apply outside of the Yard Waste Permit after the effective dates.
Be aware that the Orchard Ridge Composting Facility will no longer accept cash after September 1st. Credit Cards are the only acceptable form of payment.
Everyone must check in at the scale house before dumping - absolutely no drive-bys.
Bringing Your Own Yard Waste
All yard waste disposed of under this permit must be generated from your own property in Menomonee Falls. Under the terms of the Yard Waste Permit, residents are required to bring in their own yard waste. The driver’s license will be compared to the permit for verification. If a contractor is hired to dispose of your yard waste, they will not be allowed to use your Yard Waste Permit. Waste Management will require all contractors to pay the yard waste business fee. Questions? Call 262-509-5628.
Mulching, Composting, Chipping, Burning.
Yard waste may be managed at home by mulching, composting, chipping and/or burning. For burning requirements please call 262-532-8899. Burning is only allowed on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Home composting information is available at the Menomonee Falls Public Library or at Recycle More Wisconsin.
Waste Management offers subscription yard waste collection service for a seasonal fee. For more information and rates on subscription service, call (888) 960-0008.