The Menomonee Falls Public Works Department will begin picking up brush on the Monday after the 2nd Sunday in May of each year. We cannot extend the pickup or pick up brush that is put out after the deadline of the 2nd Sunday in May.
Rules for Brush Pickup
Please follow these rules to help us with the brush pickup:
- Brush materials acceptable for village pickup are branches up to six inches in diameter, cut to a maximum length of four feet.
- Brush must be placed on the terrace area (between the curb and sidewalk). In areas without curb, the brush should be placed on the grass area adjacent to the street pavement or adjacent to driveway entrances. All areas should have brush placed parallel to the road.
- For safety reasons no brush may be placed on the street pavement.
- Please Note: Yard waste, including grass clippings, leaves and garden debris will not be picked up.
- No stumps, roots or shrubs with intact root balls will be picked up.
- Any yard waste that is mixed in with your branches will not be picked up.
- Brush in containers will not be picked up, as too often there is yard waste in the bottom of the container. We encourage you to use your Yard Waste Permit and take yard waste debris (not picked up) to the Orchard Ridge Composting Facility. Be aware that the Orchard Ridge Composting Facility will no longer accept cash after September 1st. They will accept all major credit cards and checks.
Deadline for residents to put out brush for pickup is the 2nd Sunday in May.
Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank you very much!