It is unlawful for any person under the age of 17 to congregate, loiter, wander, stroll, stand, or play in or upon any public place within the Village of Menomonee Falls either on foot or in a vehicle being driven or parked between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The provisions of this subsection shall not apply in the following instances:
- When the minor is upon an emergency errand directed by such minor's parent or guardian or other appropriate adult person.
- When the minor is returning directly home from a school activity, entertainment, recreational activity or dance.
- When the minor is returning directly home from lawful employment that makes it necessary to be in the places referenced in this section during the prescribed period of time.
- When the minor is attending or traveling directly to or from an activity involving the exercise of First Amendment rights of free speech, freedom of assembly or free exercise of religion.
- When the minor is engaged in interstate travel with the consent of parent, guardian or other appropriate adult.
Parent or Guardian Responsibility
It is unlawful for any parent or guardian to allow or permit any minor under their care or custody to violate the curfew ordinance.
Places of Amusement or Entertainment
No person operating either a place of amusement or entertainment or any other place open to the public shall permit a minor to enter or remain on the premises from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.