Commercial Plan Reviews
The Village of Menomonee Falls is a delegated municipality that is able to conduct commercial plan reviews of any size on behalf of the State of Wisconsin for building, HVAC, plumbing and fire plans.
Only electronic submittals are accepted at this time and must include the plans and applicable State of Wisconsin review application (SBD-118 or SBD-6154). Payments can be made via mail by check made out the Village of Menomonee Falls with the project address listed in the memo line to the attention of the Building Department at Village Hall, or you are welcome to come to the office at Village Hall and pay with cash, check or credit card. Credit card transactions are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee.
Electronic plan review submittals must include all required documents (Building Plan Review Requirements and Plumbing Plan Review Requirements). A plan review will not be considered complete if there is any missing required information.
Please make sure plans submitted adhere to the following commercial building codes
- Wisconsin Administrative Code (SPS 361 to 366)
- International Code Council Documents (2015 Editions)
- International Building Code
- International Mechanical Code
- International Energy Conservation Code
- International Existing Building Code
- International Fire Code
- NFPA 54 Fuel Gas Code (2015)
- ANSI/ICC A117.1 Accessible and Useable Buildings and Facilities (2009)
- ASCE – 7 Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (2010)
- ACI 318 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (2014)
- AISC 360 Specification for Structural Steel Buildings (2010)
- ANSI/AWC NDS National Design Specification (NDS) for Wood Construction with 2012
- Supplement (2015)
Once a complete application is submitted and paid for, the plan reviewer team will have comments back to the applicant within 15 business days.
Please see the chart below for building, HVAC and fire submittals. All applications are subject to an additional $100 plan review application.
Please submit plans and application documents via email to the Building Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.