Child / Elder Abuse

Report Child Abuse

To report situations in which you suspect that a child has been abused, or appears to be at risk of being abused, call the Waukesha County Department of Health and Human Services (WCDHHS) at 262-548-7212 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Your report will be investigated and steps will be taken to protect the child and preserve the family unit. The Menomonee Falls Police Department will be informed by (WCDHHS) if abuse is involved.

Report Elder Abuse

To report an incident of elder physical or mental abuse, neglect by others, or self neglect, call the Waukesha County Department of Senior Services at 262-548-7828 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.

Menomonee Falls Police Department Dispatch Center

If you suspect that child or elder abuse has occurred, and a crime may have occurred, you should call the Menomonee Falls Police Dispatch Center directly at 262-532-1700.

If the suspected physical abuse is in progress you should call 911. The police are responsible for:

  • Responding to the scene
  • Investigating the situation
  • Protecting the victim
  • Prosecuting the abuser
  • Informing the appropriate assisting county social service agency