The Menomonee Falls Police Department is accredited by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group (WILEAG).
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is the process in which an agency is evaluated on prescribed standards associated with the day to day operations of a law enforcement agency. This is a volunteer process in which agencies subject themselves to outside review of policies, procedures, and practices they have in place.
Accreditation refers to a system of rules and regulations, called "Standards," that an agency is to follow in order to retain the status of being "accredited." Colleges, universities, health care providers and school districts are commonly accredited. To be accredited, a Police Department does the following:
- Promotes excellence and professionalism within law enforcement through voluntary compliance with Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group standards
- Assurance and confidence that your agency is in compliance with all state mandated policies
- Confidence, by virtue of outside assessors, that your agency is in compliance and functioning though state approved practices and procedures.
- Access to model policies and procedures in the State of Wisconsin
- Network with other professional organizations
- May experience increased savings with insurance costs
The State of Wisconsin developed a state program for accreditation in the mid-1990's which evolved as a result of an initiative by the Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association. On May 21st, 1998, the Menomonee Falls Police Department became State accredited by demonstrating its commitment to law enforcement excellence of its compliance of a body of standards deemed essential to the protection of the life, safety and rights of the citizens of Menomonee Falls, and by exemplifying the best professional practices in the conduct of it's responsibilities to the community it serves.
The Menomonee Falls Police Department was most recently re-accredited in November 2017. The Menomonee Falls Police Department is dedicated to maintaining its accredited status.
For any other questions regarding accreditation, Email Captain Eugene Neyhart or call at 262-532-8703.