The Menomonee Falls Police Department is accredited by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group (WILEAG).
What is accreditation?
Accreditation is the process in which an agency is evaluated on prescribed standards associated with the day to day operations of a law enforcement agency. This is a voluntary endeavor that subjects the department to outside review of policies, procedures, and practices in the interest of self-improvement.
What does it mean to be accredited?
Accreditation refers to a system of rules and regulations, called "Standards," that an agency is to follow in order to retain the status of being "accredited." Colleges, universities, health care providers and school districts are commonly accredited.
Accreditation also promotes:
- Excellence and professionalism within law enforcement through voluntary compliance with Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group standards
- Assurance and confidence that your agency is in compliance with all state mandated policies
- Confidence, by virtue of outside assessors, that your agency is in compliance and functioning consistent with state approved practices and procedures
- Access to model policies and procedures in the State of Wisconsin
- Networking with other professional organizations
- Savings in insurance premiums
For any other questions regarding accreditation, call or email Captain Jeff Knop at (262) 532-8703.