To report a crime please call 262-446-5090. If it is an emergency or a crime is in progress please call 911.
Contact the police if:
- You discover or suspect a crime has been committed
- The crime is in the process of being committed
- You observe suspicious events
Never wait to report a crime, that is a loss of valuable response time for the police. If you are in doubt, call the police.
When reporting a crime you will be asked for your name, address and telephone number. This information is requested in case additional information is needed from you. However, you may remain anonymous.
Helpful Information For the Police
Information that will help the police when responding to a call:
- What happened, where and when, and whether or not anyone was injured
- Name and physical description of any person involved including facial features, clothing description, and an age.
- Vehicle descriptions including color, model, year,and plate number
- If you are reporting burglary or theft, describe the property taken, this includes the value and any serial numbers.
The police advise all residents and businesses to maintain an up-to-date record of the serial numbers of all appliances, tools, radios, televisions, firearms and all other valuables. Whenever possible, inscribe or label your valuables with your WI drivers license number. Electric engravers are available to residents free of charge on a loan agreement.