1972 to 1998
1972-The First Full-Time Fire Chief
1972 brought with it the first full-time fire chief. A full-time chief was eventually hired, but not until 1972 and from outside the Department.
1975-A Second Station
In 1975, a second station was constructed on Silver Spring Drive in front of Willowood Park. While still mostly agricultural, the population would rapidly expand and several business parks would soon occupy this end of town.
In 1976 two full-time firefighters were hired. Over the next 20 some years, there was the addition of a few more full-time firefighters, but the Menomonee Falls Fire Department could stay a combination department because of the dedication of their local citizens.
1979-Fire Station 3
Five years after opening fire Station 2, a third station was constructed out of the former North Hills School located on Lilly Road just south of Appleton Avenue. The building and property, no longer needed by the school district, was sold to the fire department for just $1. At a cost of $500,000, the old school was renovated into a firehouse serving as a central point for all administrative operations.
1980-Village Population is 27,845
1990-Village Population is 26,840
1994-Fire Station 4
On June 19, 1994, on the 100th anniversary of the Menomonee Falls Fire Department, our newest station was dedicated at the intersection of Highway 145 and Main Street. Station 4 was constructed on the site of the former Bailey School which had been acquired from the school system in 1977 for $1. Hanging in the bell tower above this station, is the fire bell from the first fire station in Menomonee Falls constructed in 1894. As the fourth fire station, this facility and its personnel are charged with the responsibility of protecting a primarily industrial area in the far northeast corner of the village.