A new Municipal Building was under construction on the site of the original fire station. This would soon bring all the Village services under one roof; with the Police, Fire and Public Works Departments on the first floor and the Library and Council Chambers on the second floor. The fire department awaited the delivery of its second Seagrave pumper.
Additional views of 1930 Municipal Building blueprints:
The Menomonee Falls Volunteer Fire Company No. 1 held it's first meeting in the new Municipal Building Council Chambers in May of 1930 and would be Company No. 1's home for another 85 years.
The new Municipal Building was formally dedicated on June 3, 1930.
The planners apparently had grand plans as the building was labeled "City Hall",
In 1935 the village Board decided to have the streets named and marked along with every house in the village numbered. As the population grew in the 1960s, a new and more accurate address system was again instituted, benefiting the fire department and the citizens.
During the WWII years, air raid duty became another community activity as part of the company's war effort. Fire prevention talks, which had been given at the schools, now became a community effort to advise the citizens of the dangers of hoarding gasoline and storing it inside buildings.
During WWII, Company No 1 purchased a $500 Defense Bond and voted to purchase a $25 Bond each month thereafter for the duration of the war. The attendance prize at the monthly meetings would now be war stamps. Donations for salvage drives would be underwritten and cash payments given to the person bringing in the most salvage.
Like many other towns and villages, an Honor Roll with the names of those in military service was prominently posted in front of the Municipal Building.