Yard Waste Disposal
By state law, yard waste - such as grass clippings, leaves and tree branches, may not be put in the trash. There are four ways to dispose of these materials. Properly labeled invasive plant species
may be placed at the curb.
Mulching, Composting, Chipping, Burning.
Yard waste may be managed at home by mulching, composting, chipping and/or burning. For burning requirements please call 262-532-8899. Burning is only allowed on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Home composting information is available at the Menomonee Falls Public Library or at Recycle More Wisconsin
Yard Waste Disposal Permit
Using a Yard Waste Disposal Permit issued by the Village, residents may dispose of up to one cubic yard of yard waste 35 times in a season (April through November) at the Orchard Ridge Composting Site
for no fee. Orchard Ridge is located at W124 N9355 Boundary Rd
- The attendant at Orchard Ridge will punch one square each time you drop off approximately one cubic yard of yard waste.
- After 35 punches you will then be required to pay a $3.00 minimum-1-1/2 cents per pound.
- Permits are valid for one year and may be obtained in early April from the reception desk at the Municipal Building. Call (262)-532-4200 for availability date as it changes each year.
- There is no fee for this permit.
- If you were issued a Yard Waste Permit in the previous year, a new permit will be automatically mailed to you for the current year.
To obtain a Yard Waste Permit, stop in at the Village Hall to add your name to the mailing list. An ID as a proof of residency is required. Every year thereafter, a yard waste permit is mailed automatically.
Any resident, with or without a permit, may drop off yard waste at the Orchard Ridge Composting Site for 1-1/2 cents ($0.015) per pound. There is a minimum fee of three dollars ($3.00) per load, and proof of residency is required.
Waste Management offers subscription yard waste collection service for a seasonal fee. For more information and rates on subscription service,
call (888) 960-0008.