Drugs & Needles
Bring unused or expired medications to Menomonee Falls drug disposal locations:
Menomonee Falls Police Department
W156 N8480 Pilgrim Road
Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, 7:30 a.m.to 6:30 p.m.
Menomonee Falls Walgreens
N83 W15701 Appleton Avenue
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
The Waukesha County
How to Dispose
Never dispose of medications by flushing them down the drain or toilet. You can put unused or expired medications in the garbage. If you do that:
- Seal the original child-proof container with tape, or
- Crush the pills and put them into a container with old coffee grounds or something that kids would never eat
- Put in a plastic bag within your regular garbage. You may want to black out any personal identification with a marker.
It is illegal for syringes, needles, or lancets to be disposed of with household garbage or recyclables.
- Take to the Community Memorial Hospital Emergency Room for no charge. The needles must be in a sharps
puncture proofcontainer. Many local stores carry these containers such as Walmart and local pharmacies, or
- Most local pharmacies also accept needles. Call your local pharmacy for details of required containers and charges.