Menomonee River Clean-Up Event
Thank you so much for helping us cleanup Menomonee Falls for all these many years. Unfortunately, there will no longer be a cleanup offered. For more information, contact Jeff at (262) 532-4848.
Every year since 2008 around Earth Day in April the community gathered to clean up the Parks and Rivers of Menomonee Falls. Organized by the Milwaukee Riverkeepers and Sponsored by Waste Management.
Thank you to all the participants that came in 2018 to volunteer: 312 participants this year helped clean up our rivers and parks. It is because of all of you that our rivers are looking better every year.
Thank you to everyone who helped in this great community event this year.
- #1 Rotary Park map
- #2 Riverside Park and Menomonee River map
- #3 Menomonee River North Side map
- #4 Municipal Park map
- #5 Menomonee River Parkway map
- #6 Lime Kiln Park map
- #7 Mill Pond Park map
- #8 Roosevelt Bridge to Water Street Garage area map
- #9 River behind Neus and Best Buy map
- #33 Rivercrest Dr. to Shady Lane map
- #10 Shady Lane, County line Q to Rivercrest by Kohl's map
- #12 Channel from Stanley Dr./Main Street to Q map
- #13 Village Park map
- #14 Oakwood Park map
- #15 Old Falls Village map
- #16 Rivers Edge Park map
- #17 Tamarack Trail West side map
- #18 Tamarack Trail North side map
- #19 Tamarack Trail East side map
- #21 Oakwood Drive. & Manor Hills Blvd
- #22 Lilly Creek by Daylily Dr.map
- #23 Lilly Creek south of Mill Rd map
- #24 Silver Spring Dr. and Enterprise Ave.
- #25 Willowood Park map
- #26 Dolphin Drive map
- #27 Future Bugline (Shady Lane North to Water Street)
- #28N Bugline North (Shady Lane to Christman Rd) map
- #28M Bugline Middle (Christman Rd to Menomonee Ave.) map
- #28S Bugline South (Menomonee Ave. to Main St.) map
- #29 Butler Ditch on Campbell Dr. map
- #34 Kiwanis Park on Menomonee Ave. map
- #36 Falls Parkway map
- #37 Megal Drive map
- #38 Menomonee River Parkway North of Village Hall map
- #39 Warren Street
- #40 Good Hope Road Village Property
- #41 Lilly Road and Fond du Lac Ave. ROW
- #42 Near W12600 Fond du Lac Ave.
- #43 Richfield Subdivision Wetland on Lisbon Rd and Greenview Ave.
- #44 Old Railroad Right-a-Way Fountain and Anthony Ave.
- #45 Bancroft and Thunder Ridge Rd.
- #46 Weyerhaven Subdivision
- #47 Area by the WAC on Pilgrim and Falls Parkway
- #48 Community Forest Lisbon Road (South part of Willowood Park)
- #49 Russell Court
- #50 Main Street off Bugline Trail near Menomonee Ave.
- #51 River Heights North area
- #52 River Heights South area
- #53 Fond Du Lac Ave. and Main Street
- #F100 Fox River at Carters Crossing Subdivision map
- #F101 River Road Park map
- #F102 Aero Park map
- #F103 Spencers Pass East and West Subdivision
- #F104 Menomonee Ave. & Main Street & Maple Rd
The following sites have Site Leaders that have stepped forward for 2018
Areas that were cleaned up are:
Site #5 Rick Colbo
- Thank you to all our Sponsors in 2018:
- Milwaukee Riverkeeper Non-Profit Group (Organizer of the Event)
- Waste Management
- Ally's Bistro
Weirdest Items Found Contest at 2018's event
WINNER Junior Optimist Club members: spinning chair base
Tire in the river
Strange animal teeth
Yellow and black feather
Cute rubber duck in the river
Half of phone
High top shoe
Harley Davidson blue cap
Fort model T tire
Stone Inca carving lizard
Black soccer ball
Electronic Christmas wreath