Menomonee River Clean-Up Event
Come Join us this Spring around Earth Day in April each year to clean up the Parks and Rivers of Menomonee Falls. Organized by the Milwaukee Riverkeepers and Sponsored by Waste Management.
Everyone meets at Rotary Park off Fond du Lac Ave for registration at 8:15 a.m. and the clean-up occurs from 9:00 a.m. until Noon.
Many locations of the River are available to clean up. Gloves and bags will be supplied.
Return at Noon for drawing prizes and food.
This years event will be on Saturday April 23, 2016!
Thank you to all the participants that came in 2015 to volunteer in the chilly weather. 297 participants this year helped clean up our rivers and parks. It is because of all of you that our rivers are looking better every year.
Meet at Rotary Park
on Fond du Lac Ave.
Thank you to everyone who helped in this great community event this year. Watch for news for next year's event in April, 2017!
Pick a Site you want to help clean up!
How to Participate
- Sign Up Here to Pre-Register (helps us plan better)
- Call Nancy at (262) 532-4417 (name, #of participants and desired location)
- or Just Come and have fun
Areas to clean up are: (areas marked Full have volunteers already signed up -please consider another site)
- #1 Rotary Park map
- #2 Riverside Park and Menomonee River map
- #3 Menomonee River North Side map
- #4 Municipal Park map
- #5 Menomonee River Parkway map
- #6 Lime Kiln Park map
- #7 Mill Pond Park map
- #8 Roosevelt Bridge to Water Street Garage area map
- #9 River behind Neus and Best Buy map
- #33 Rivercrest Dr. to Shady Lane map
- #10 Shady Lane, County line Q to Rivercrest by Kohl's map
- #12 Channel from Stanley Dr./Main Street to Q map
- #13 Village Park map
- #14 Oakwood Park map
- #15 Old Falls Village map
- #16 Rivers Edge Park map
- #17 Tamarack Trail West side map
- #18 Tamarack Trail North side map
- #19 Tamarack Trail East side map
- #21 Oakwood Drive. & Manor Hills Blvd NEW
- #22 Lilly Creek by Daylily Dr.map
- #23 Lilly Creek south of Mill Rd map
- #24 Silver Spring Dr. and Enterprise Ave. NEW
- #25 Willowood Park map
- #26 Dolphin Drive map
- #27 Future Bugline (Shady Lane North to Water Street) NEW
- #28N Bugline North (Shady Lane to Christman Rd) map
- #28M Bugline Middle (Christman Rd to Menomonee Ave.) map
- #28S Bugline South (Menomonee Ave. to Main St.) map
- #29 Butler Ditch on Campbell Dr. map
- #34 Kiwanis Park on Menomonee Ave. map
- #36 Falls Parkway map NEW
- #37 Megal Drive map
- #38 Menomonee River Parkway North of Village Hall map
- #39 Warren Street NEW
- #40 Good Hope Road Village Property NEW
- #41 Lilly Road and Fond du Lac Ave. ROW NEW
- #42 Near W12600 Fond du Lac Ave. NEW
- #43 Richfield Subdivision Wetland on Lisbon Rd and Greenview Ave. NEW
- #44 Old Railroad Right-a-Way Fountain and Anthony Ave. NEW
- #45 Bancroft and Thunder Ridge Rd. NEW
- #46 Weyerhaven Subdivision NEW
- #F100 Fox River at Carters Crossing Subdivision map
- #F101 River Road Park map
- #F102 Aero Park map
- #F103 Spencers Pass East and West Subdivision NEW
- #F104 Menomonee Ave. & Main Street & Maple Rd NEW
The following sites have Site Leaders that have stepped forward for 2016
- Riverside Park area #2: Jan Koel of the Wild Ones Group
- Site #5 Rick Colbo
- Fox River near Silver Spring area #F100: Jace Family
If you are interested in doing a River Cleanup event during the year with your group, please contact Nancy for new areas that can be picked for your cleanup. Gloves and bags will be supplied to help your effort.
- Thank you to all our Sponsors in 2016:
- Milwaukee Riverkeeper Non-Profit Group (Organizer of the Event)
- Waste Management
- Cousins Subs
- Ally's Bistro
Weirdest Items Found Contest at 2016's event
Winner was Jim with the very large piece of sign with HL on it.
- Christmas bow
Long black drainage tube
Kitty litter box
Holiday card and ornament
Bat mitten racket
Christmas cookie container
Dog food bag
3 wheel stroller
Broken bike reflector
Rusted mint container
Black and white highway marker pole
Old bike pedal
Spray paint can
Organic trapper keeper
Blue "Hipity Hop Ball"
HL sign –Winner
2013 Ford Focus key
Cell phone case
Ford metal plate
Engine block and shock
Pots and tiles
Tire with axle
Boy Scout Christmas Wreath