Village Park Project
In 2020, Village Park (located at the intersection of Appleton Avenue and Garfield Drive in downtown Menomonee Falls) was redeveloped as a community destination. This project included a new plaza space for outdoor markets/events, a performance amphitheater, a restroom building with a covered gathering area, inviting landscape features, and access improvements. Additional amenities are planned for a future phase of construction.
This project fulfills the vision adopted in the 2018 Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan Update to create a downtown park space that will accommodate a broad range of community events and programming. This project also supports the Village’s vision for a thriving and revitalized downtown as stated in the 2015 Comprehensive Plan Update.
Page updated 4/21/2020
The project began on March 18th and is expected to continue throughout the 2020 construction season. See below for a summary of work that has been completed or is currently underway.
- Summer/fall 2019 – Demolition of most existing structures along Appleton Avenue (the brick pump house was maintained due to its essential purpose)
- March/April 2020 – Relocation of overhead utilities underground along Mill Street, demolition of softball field fencing, and grading/site preparation
- April 2020 – Foundation poured for performance stage, utility work, and continued site grading and demolition
- May 2020 – Foundation poured for restroom/shelter building, site grading, and masonry work for the performance stage
- June 2020 – Walls and structural elements constructed for both the performance stage and the restroom/shelter building
- July 2020 – Removal of utility poles, performance stage roofing, and exterior stone work for stage and restrooms
- August 2020 – Grading and electrical work for linear plaza, roof for restroom building, and wood work for performance stage
- September 2020 – Roofing and concrete work for the performance stage and land shaping, outcropping stones, and path work on the plaza
- October 2020 – Concrete pouring on linear plaza, light pole and bollard installation, finished grades, asphalt trails, planting of trees and other landscaping, and finishing work in the restroom building
- November 2020 – Sealing of colored concrete on plaza, hydroseed, finishing work on structures
- December 2020 – Ribbon cutting ceremony officially opened the space to the public
- Spring 2021– Lawn establishment/maintenance, installation of site furniture, bike racks, and trash/recycling receptacles
For further information about this project contact the Department of Engineering and Development at 262-532-4400.