What do I do with a vehicle I can’t sell or no longer want?
You can contact either a charitable organization that accepts motor vehicle donations, a license salvage yard or a scrap recycler. The last thing you want to do is abandon it. Owners who abandon their vehicles are subject to any or all of the following: fines of $102, towing and storage fees, suspension of their driver’s license, suspension of the registration of any vehicle they own, and interception of any income tax refunds.

Show All Answers

1. When I buy a vehicle, do plates stay on the vehicle or stay with the previous owner?
2. What do I need to do when selling a vehicle I own?
3. May you put your vehicle license plates in areas other than the designated area?
4. Do I have to display a front license plate?
5. What types of vehicles don't need front license plates in Wisconsin?
6. When I buy a vehicle from another state, how do I register it in Wisconsin? May I drive it home?
7. If l buy a car in Wisconsin and want to register it in another state, how do I get it home?
8. After I buy a vehicle, how many days do I have to register it in my name?
9. I lost my title and now I want to sell my vehicle. How do I go about it?
10. I've recently moved. How do I notify DMV of my address change?
11. I just bought a vehicle from a private party and I want to sell it. Do I have to register the title in my name or can I sign over the original title?
12. I want to transfer my title to my son. How do I do that?
13. I lost my renewal notice? What do I do?
14. How do I renew my license plates?
15. What do I do with a vehicle I can’t sell or no longer want?