Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
I Want To...
News Flash Home
The original item was published from 12/3/2019 8:33:32 PM to 1/1/2020 12:00:13 AM.
Posted on: December 3, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Safeguard Yourself and Your Property
Holiday Opportunities – If You’re a Thief!
Store parking lots are full
– find the cars that have shopping bags left in plain view and unlocked doors.
Shoppers are engrossed in finding the right gift
– Pick their pockets, or better yet, casually take a purse or wallet left in a shopping cart when the owner isn’t looking.
Customers are forced to park a long distance from the store entrance
– Snatch purses or shopping bags from unsuspecting shoppers as they walk through the lot.
Shoppers carry large amounts of cash
– A dark parking lot is a perfect place for a robbery.
Shoppers carry multiple credit cards
– Steal them (see methods above), and use immediately running up large charges at near-by stores.
How to Take Away Holiday Theft Opportunities:
Put shopping bags in the trunk of your car or other location out of view.
Keep purses and wallets on your person and with a hand or arm touching it at all times.
Park as close to the store as possible and in a well-lit area; have your car’s key fob in your hand and ready to press the alarm button.
Make eye contact with people as you walk buy, let them know you’re aware.
Take one major credit card, keep it safely with you, and limit the amount of cash you carry. Be prepared to cancel a card if given notice that unauthorized charges have been made.
Other News in Safety Strategies
Posted on: February 14, 2024
Children and Fire
Posted on: February 5, 2024
Winters in Wisconsin…
Posted on: January 31, 2024
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas & Minutes
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow