Menomonee River Clean-Up Event
Come Join us this Spring around Earth Day in April each year to clean up the Parks and Rivers of Menomonee Falls. Organized by the Milwaukee Riverkeepers and Sponsored by Waste Management.
Everyone meets at Rotary Park off Fond du Lac Ave for registration at 8:00 a.m. and the clean-up occurs from 9:00 a.m. until Noon.
Many locations of the River are available to clean up. Gloves and bags will be supplied.
Return at Noon for drawing prizes and food.
Our 11th Annual event will be held on Saturday April 27, 2019! We are still planning on having the event. It is a rain, snow or shine event. Please bring boots; it may be a bit slushy out. See you then!
Thank you to all the participants that came in 2018 to volunteer: 312 participants this year helped clean up our rivers and parks. It is because of all of you that our rivers are looking better every year.
Meet at Rotary Park
on Fond du Lac Ave.
Thank you to everyone who helped in this great community event this year. Watch for news on next year's event in April 2018!
Pick a Site you want to help clean up!
How to Participate
Sign Up Here to Pre-Register (helps us plan better)
- Call Nancy at (262) 532-4417 (name, #of participants and desired location) Stormwater@Menomonee-Falls.org
- or Just Come and have Fun!
Areas to clean up are: (areas marked Full have volunteers already signed up -please consider another site)
- #1 Rotary Park map
- #2 Riverside Park and Menomonee River map
- #3 Menomonee River North Side map
- #4 Municipal Park map
- #5 Menomonee River Parkway map
- #6 Lime Kiln Park map
- #7 Mill Pond Park map
- #8 Roosevelt Bridge to Water Street Garage area map
- #9 River behind Neus and Best Buy map
- #33 Rivercrest Dr. to Shady Lane map
- #10 Shady Lane, County line Q to Rivercrest by Kohl's map
- #12 Channel from Stanley Dr./Main Street to Q map
- #13 Village Park map
- #14 Oakwood Park map
- #15 Old Falls Village map
- #16 Rivers Edge Park map
- #17 Tamarack Trail West side map
- #18 Tamarack Trail North side map
- #19 Tamarack Trail East side map
- #21 Oakwood Drive. & Manor Hills Blvd NEW
- #22 Lilly Creek by Daylily Dr.map
- #23 Lilly Creek south of Mill Rd map
- #24 Silver Spring Dr. and Enterprise Ave. NEW
- #25 Willowood Park map
- #26 Dolphin Drive map
- #27 Future Bugline (Shady Lane North to Water Street) NEW
- #28N Bugline North (Shady Lane to Christman Rd) map
- #28M Bugline Middle (Christman Rd to Menomonee Ave.) map
- #28S Bugline South (Menomonee Ave. to Main St.) map
- #29 Butler Ditch on Campbell Dr. map
- #34 Kiwanis Park on Menomonee Ave. map
- #36 Falls Parkway map NEW
- #37 Megal Drive map
- #38 Menomonee River Parkway North of Village Hall map
- #39 Warren Street
- #40 Good Hope Road Village Property NEW
- #41 Lilly Road and Fond du Lac Ave. ROW NEW
- #42 Near W12600 Fond du Lac Ave. NEW
- #43 Richfield Subdivision Wetland on Lisbon Rd and Greenview Ave. NEW
- #44 Old Railroad Right-a-Way Fountain and Anthony Ave. NEW
- #45 Bancroft and Thunder Ridge Rd.
- #46 Weyerhaven Subdivision NEW
- #47 Area by the WAC on Pilgrim and Falls Parkway NEW
- #48 Community Forest Lisbon Road (South part of Willowood Park) NEW
- #49 Russell Court NEW
- #50 Main Street off Bugline Trail near Menomonee Ave. NEW
- #51 River Heights North area NEW
- #52 River Heights South area NEW
- #53 Fond Du Lac Ave. and Main Street NEW
- #F100 Fox River at Carters Crossing Subdivision map
- #F101 River Road Park map
- #F102 Aero Park map
- #F103 Spencers Pass East and West Subdivision NEW
- #F104 Menomonee Ave. & Main Street & Maple Rd NEW
The following sites have Site Leaders that have stepped forward for 2018
Site #5 Rick Colbo
Fox River near Silver Spring area #F100: Jace Family
If you are interested in doing a River Cleanup event during the year with your group, please contact Nancy for new areas that can be picked for your cleanup. Gloves and bags will be supplied to help your effort. Stormwater@Menomonee-Falls.org
- Thank you to all our Sponsors in 2018:
- Milwaukee Riverkeeper Non-Profit Group (Organizer of the Event)
- Waste Management
- Ally's Bistro
Weirdest Items Found Contest at 2018's event
WINNER Junior Optimist Club members: spinning chair base
Tire in the river
Strange animal teeth
Yellow and black feather
Cute rubber duck in the river
Half of phone
High top shoe
Harley Davidson blue cap
Fort model T tire
Stone Inca carving lizard
Black soccer ball
Electronic Christmas wreath