Captain of Protective Services
- Assists the Director of Protective Services with administrative oversight of both the police and fire departments.
- Oversee background investigations of permit and license applicants with the village.
- Coordinate components of the emergency management program for the Village of Menomonee Falls: conforming to the provisions of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and ensuring a coordinated and effective response when state and federal agencies are involved.
- Oversee policies and procedures for effective emergency management operations. Recommend revision of policies and procedures as necessary
- Provide information and guidance on emergency preparedness arrangements within the Village of Menomonee Falls, including basic emergency information, department roles and response procedures.
- Participate in executive management decisions relating to the budget, long range planning and training needs.
- Manage and oversee the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group (WILEAG) Program.
- Monitor police services to ensure compliance with department directives, policies and procedures as they relate to the accreditation requirements.
- Serve as public information officer for both the Police & Fire Departments.
- To ensure the integrity of the departments as well as adherence to policy, conduct internal investigations as directed by the Director of Protective Services.
- Participate in community program meetings and serve to maintain a close community as they relate to emergency management and safety issues.
- Review and submit for approval budge recommendations as they apply to emergency management and accreditation programs, equipment and supplies.