At the inception of the Company in 1894, a Number 4 Combined Chemical and Water Engine manufactured by Howe Truck and Engine was purchased, followed by a hose wagon and a Hook and Ladder truck, and a two-cylinder hand pumper.
The hand pump proved to be inadequate, since everyone wanted to see the fire and no one wanted to pump. $1,200 was appropriated for a new motor driven pump with a hand pump connection in 1906. Also, the old hose wagon was discarded and a new hose reel was purchased.
In the fall of 1922, a new Reo truck was ordered. Sealed proposals were taken in 1925 for a 750 gallon per minute pumper, complete with hose body. A Seagrave was delivered and shown off at the head of the Menomonee Falls Firemen's parade.
The Company voted to purchase a new Seagrave Fire Apparatus in 1930. This Seagrave has been restored and is still used in some of our parades and other events. The membership voted to sell the Ford pumper they had and keep the Chevrolet Chemical truck, but that was soon sold to Stone Bank for $800 in 1931.
In 1949, a new fire engine, an International, was delivered to supplement the two Seagrave pumpers. The International was equipped with a 600 gallon per minute front mounted pump and a 1,000 gallon water tank. The Reo was finally retired and sold to the American Legion for $25 in 1950 and the little Seagrave engine was rebuilt for $1,312.
By 1966 a contract was awarded to the Pirsch Company for an aerial ladder for the sum of $57,266.
By 2004, a new tanker was purchased for $196,000 and a new engine for $269,000.