New 1 & 2 Family
Before You Apply
Contractors applying for permits to construct or alter one & two-family residences must have both the Dwelling Contractor Certification and Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification issued by the State of Wisconsin, Department of Commerce-Credentialing.
Information Required for Building Permit Application
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Two sets of plans legible and drawn to scale or dimensioned (one set must be developer-approved if in subdivision)
- Four original surveys w/stamp (one survey must show erosion control)
- Signed & dated energy Analysis (heat calculations w/furnace model # and size)
- Signed and dated Erosion Control Application
- Completed Wisconsin Uniform Building Permit Application
- Sanitary permit (if Required)
:Decks must be shown on survey and building plans provided if applicable.
Erosion Control must be in place and inspected before the building permit is issued. Contact a Zoning & Inspections Technician at 262-532-4273 or 262-532-4276 to request this inspection or if you have any questions. You may also email one of the Technicians at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
|Living, basement, garage area
Plan Review Fee
Erosion Control Permit
Refundable Building Deposit
State Building Seal
| .30¢/sq. ft.
Possible Additional Fees:
PRD Planned Residential Development $50 per unit
Impact Fees: Sewer $2,674 - Water $2,871 - Park $2,266 - Fire $1,641
Contact Building Inspection Dept for Additional Information Related to These Fees.