The first original water system was installed in 1890, consisting of a single well 250 feet deep. Further additions and modifications were added throughout the years. Below are highlights of the additions to the system.
Maintenance of these facilities has always remained a priority. Utility personnel are very dedicated and take great pride in maintaining the equipment, buildings and grounds.
1932 Well No. 2 was put in service with a 200,000 gallon reservoir
1956 Well No. 3 was put in service
1960 A million gallon standpipe was put in service
1961 Well No. 4 was put in service
1965 Well No. 1 was abandoned
1968 Well No. 5 was put in service with a 1.1 million gallon reservoir
1972 Well No. 3 pump house addition and 700,000 gallon reservoir were put in service
1978 Well No. 6 was put in service
1988 A one million gallon tower was put into service
1989 Well No. 7 was put in service with a 1.2 million gallon reservoir. A new garage and office addition were also added.
1990 A 250,000 gallon tower and booster station were put into service
1994 Well No. 8 was put in service along with a 500,000 gallon tower and booster station
1997 Well No. 9 was put in service with a 1.3 million gallon reservoir
1999 Leon and Silver Spring booster pump stations were put into service.
August of 1999, Milwaukee water was put on line which services most of the village’s water supply.
2001 Well No. 2 was abandoned
2009 Well No. 2 and reservoir were demolished
2012 Well No. 10 was put in service with a 200,000 gallon reservoir
2012 Well No. 3 and reservoir were abandoned and demolished