Paying Forfeitures and Citations
Paying a Forfeiture
Once a forfeiture has been ordered by the court, payments can be made as follows:
- At the Menomonee Falls Municipal Court (hours and days)
- With cash, personal check, or money order
- With MasterCard, VISA, American Express, or Discover credit/debit cards
Pay Your Citation/Ticket Online
You can now pay your court fees with a credit or debit card. This option is offered through Point & Pay. Point & Pay does charge a separate processing fee which will be generated before your payment. You will need your citation number.
* On-line payments may take up to 48 hours to complete processing, including Driver License suspensions and warrants.
** A minimum convenience fee of 2.75% or $2.00 will be charged.
If you need more time to pay the forfeiture, a one time thirty (30) day extension may be approved by the court via telephone or in person. All other requests need approval in-person before the Municipal Judge at 6:00 pm on due date.
Failure to Pay
Citation fines that are not paid or contested before the court date will result in a guilty finding. A default notice will be mailed to your house advising fine amounts owed and due date.
If you fail to pay a forfeiture as scheduled:
- Your driver’s license can be suspended for up to one year or until the fine is paid
- A commitment warrant can be issued for your arrest/jail sentence
- A tax intercept of state refunds may be imposed
To reinstate your driver’s license:
- Pay the outstanding forfeiture at the municipal court
- Pay the reinstatement fee at the DMV
- With no other pending suspensions, your license will be reinstated
license remains suspended.
A warrant issued for your arrest is statewide. If a law enforcement officer for any reason stops you, a record check will alert the officer of the outstanding warrant.
- The forfeiture must be paid immediately in order to cancel the warrant.
- If you are unable to pay the amount due, you will be transported to the County Jail.