Parking Citations


You receive a citation (ticket) for violation of a state or local ordinance (law). Some citations require that you come to court (mandatory appearance). Others just require that you pay a fee (forfeiture), but you may choose to come to court (initial appearance) to either reduce the fee, or make a plea of not-guilty (contested citation).

To Contest a Ticket

To contest a parking ticket, you must send a letter or Not Guilty Form pleading Not Guilty to the Municipal Court. You will be notified by mail of a pre-trial date.

Specific Citations

Some citations are handled slightly differently:
  • Juvenile Citations
  • OWI (Operating While Intoxicated)
  • Parking Tickets